• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects only lets me use a certain fps, and when i change it my audio speeds/slows

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i change my frame rate before starting a project, my audio is slowed/sped and will not return to normal unless I change it back to 20fps. The audio files is in 30fps, My composition is in 30fps, and my preview is in 30fps, but when i'm previewing, it shows in info it is in 20fps. Anyone know how to fix it?Screenshot 2022-06-25 141600.pngScreenshot 2022-06-25 141609.pngScreenshot 2022-06-25 141701.png

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Preview Rate in AE is just that...a preview.

when you Render it..it should Peview at assigned frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving this to the AE forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Composition Frame Rate is the frame rate of the animation.

The Preview Frame Rate is the frame rate of the preview.  That is, After Effects allows us to work at a faster or slower speed that the Composition.

When you see the frame rate in parenthesis in the Preview panel,  After Effects runs the Preview at the same frame rate as the Comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system iunfo and details about your project contents none of this has any meaning. As Warren already explained there's any number of ways to mangle the framerate and smooth realtime playback may not always be guaranteed, be it just for performance issues on weak or poorly configured systems, specific issues with your footage or more mundane stuff like another app on the system messing with resource usage.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be your computer can only show 20fps and is not capable of anything faster?

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, Ae version? Thanks. Also a screen grab of your issue will be helpful.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines