• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Opens But is Unresponsive in Mac OS Monterey 12.4

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I upgraded my 2019 Macbook Pro to OS 12.4 and immediately thereafter, upgraded AE to 22.5. Upon opening a saved project, I got the usual request to upgrade the project, which I did. Everything opened up just fine but it wasn't long before I realized that I wasn't able to do anything at all. The only thing that works is to toggle the timeline to play and stop using the spacebar on the keyboard. Other than that, the entire interface is completely unresponsive to mouse clicks or any access to menu options. The only way to get out of the project is to force quit through the OS.

Is this a known bug with the program? Is anyone else seeing anything similar?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a fresh project in 22.5, does it work normally?

If so, try importing your 22.4 project into a new, blank project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John V Knowles: Thanks for the tip! Sadly, even a new blank project exhibits the exact same behavior. I have absolutely zero access to anything, all menus are completely grayed out. It simply be haves as a view only window. I can't even minimize or close it. My only option is to force quit from the Apple menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to try deleting and reinstalling the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was one of my first steps to no avail. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you running any 3rd part plugins?

Try Adobe tech support and let them control your Mac remotely to diagnose the problem. This is seriously weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines