• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects output path is fixed?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I OPEN AE, and the render output path is always the one(it's an absolute path,not relative to project path), which means I have to click and change it if I CLOSE AE last time.

Is there anyway to fix this weird problem? I didn't find any settings about output path in Preferences.

Using AE 2021

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more likely that this indicates a general issue/ problem with your system's file nad folder permissions, including AE not being able to store the preferences and access specific folders from within its panels. Since you haven't offered any exact info on your system or other relevant details liek what actual folders you are trying to render to, nobody can tell you more than that. You need to be more specific for people to give you proper advice.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no, I can't reply my post to you, I'm sorry. It said that it detected post flood??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linxyvia_0-1624533243878.png

This is one example of what I've got.

My present project file path is in A, but when I hit Ctrl+M, it turns out this absolute path I call it B. and everytime I close and open AE, it gives me B path to render to, no matter where my new project is saved or what project is open.

At least I think it should be somewhere close to A.

I'm using Win10 Pro. almost latest version.

Is there anything I could offer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE's Prefs>Output section, is the Checkbox for Use Default Filename and Folder enabled?

AE_PrefOutput_01.JPG

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Render Queue, in the Output To menu; see if there is a Token set up which automatically specifies an output location and other related properties. Such tokens, are set up to automatically render to a specific location and with defined details related to the Comp and Filename and other details.

If these are not affecting your output then perhaps you have an OS setting that's forcing AE to save to a specific location.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Linxyvia_0-1625025241082.png

I don't seem to have one of those tokens, but what OS setting could force AE to do such a thing like this? Holy.

Is re-install possible to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines