• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Plate Stitching / Photomerge?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been manually stitching footage from multiple cameras (with overlap and same timecode) for years using mesh warp etc. I'm wondering if anyone knows of some kind of auto-stitching script (similar to photomerge in photoshop).

I'm sort of surprised it's hard to find. Have searched for "auto-stitch" "photomerge after effects" "photo merge after effects" etc. Any ideas?

Ideally, you "sample" a single frame from all your cameras that auto warps, masks, and does color adjustment, then precomps the source as maps so you can drop your actual footage into the precomps. 

Would be awesome. 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi canvokey. Did you ever get an answer on this post? I'm trying figure out how to automatically stitch video from two overlapping camera angle together into a panoramic shot (not VR) and came across this post. I'd be interested in any ideas you have other than doing it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 
im fighting with the same problem. We are wanting to stitch a video in a photo that is already stitched. 
How could this be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also searching for a faster way to do this, either automated or manually. I'd love to use the photomerge data from one set of pictures and apply it to a sequence of images. I'm doing a panorama timelapse and need the alignment and warping to be consistent across the whole sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey just wondering if you figured out a way of doing this?  I'm looking to do the same thing. thanks Garth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines