• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects plays project back at wrong speed.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We made a movie in Premiere at 50 fps (shot in realtime), imported it in AE with 50 fps, the composition is set to 50 fps, but it plays back in slow motion, instead of realtime.

When i play it back with VLC, Quicktime or Premiere (timeline 50fps), everything is realtime. I'm on Mac OS Catalina with AE 2023, but i get the same results in AE 2022. 

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what are the ac tual preview settings? Are you talking about a RAM preview or realtime playback? What are the exact specs of the footage and/ or Premiere project? You need to clarify and provide more info. On a hunch, though, I think you mistakenly assume that DynamicLink projects from Premiere will play realtime, which rarely ever is the case due to the overhead of running a program inside another. You will have to use cached previews/ RAM previews most of the time.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the preview panel setting for Frame Rate. The frame rate should be set to auto and show the fifty in parentheses. Ensure that the entire panel is visible by dragging down the bottom edge. You should also expand the Info Panel. That should show you the preview frame rate for the comp if you have not customized the Info Panel display settings. The Info Panel will also let you know if the Ram Preview has been fully rendered and display the playback frame rate. If the Info Panel does not say 50fps, then the Preview Panel settings are fouled up.

If none of that helps, we need more details. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines