• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects preview being sped up in 23.967 fps?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I change the thing i'm editing into anything that isn't 30 fps it gets faster or slower. But when i edit on my mac nothing happens and the preview doesn't get faster or slower. Is this a thing for everyone on windows? And i'm using the newest version of after effect if anyone asks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Make sure the Preview panel is properly set up. The composition frame rate should be set to Auto. That is indicated by the frame rate being enclosed in parentheses. If your comp is set to 23.976 the frame rate in the Preview Panel should look like this: (23.976). It should change when you change the frame rate in the composition. 

One more thing. If you change the frame rate by selecting footage in the Project Panel and opening the Interpret Footage Panel, you change the playback speed. A 10-s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and also my clips and comps are always the same fps and its still messed up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure the Preview panel is properly set up. The composition frame rate should be set to Auto. That is indicated by the frame rate being enclosed in parentheses. If your comp is set to 23.976 the frame rate in the Preview Panel should look like this: (23.976). It should change when you change the frame rate in the composition. 

One more thing. If you change the frame rate by selecting footage in the Project Panel and opening the Interpret Footage Panel, you change the playback speed. A 10-second clip shot at 30fps will take 10 seconds to playback in a 24 fps comp or in a 200 fps comp. The only thing matching footage frame rate to composition frame rate does is match the number of frames in both, Composition frame rate has nothing do to with playback speed. Keyframes and cuts are based on time. Cut a layer at 2 seconds, then change the frame rate of the comp from 30fps to 10fps or to 200fps and the cut or the keyframe will still be at 2 seconds. The frame number will change, but the time won't.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines