Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects preview looks insanely weird

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been editing a gaming video on after effects, but whenever i place this clip into the timeline, the bitrate and colors of the preview look extremely weird and the video becomes unwatchable. I tried other clips from the same person but they all looked the same. It only looks normal with mine and other people's clips. At first I thought it was that the clip's bitrate was too low, so i tried a different clip with around the same bitrate and it looked completely normal. I looked up some answers and people said it has something to do with my cache so i tried changing the cache folder and providing more space but it didn't change a thing. Can anybody help me fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Performance , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi שרון22412609c2ec,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

It usually happens with the screen recorded footage due to their variable frame rate. Try transcoding the footage using the Hand Brake or any other similar application before importing into After Effects.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines