• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects preview won't play all the way

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using AE for a few months and I haven't had a problem like this before. The green line will form and the time indicator will only play until the end of it-- about 2 seconds long. If I move it forward, it will play a little longer but ultimately it wont play my entire comp. Even if there's literally nothing dragged in, it'll do the same thing. I've tried purging my disk cache and I have 4 GB of RAM allocated to AE (I've tried going up to 7 GB, doesn't work either). I've tried experimenting with the different resolution options (quarter, third, etc.) but it plays for the same amount of time. Honestly, I used to have about 65-70 GB of storage and AE used to work just fine, so I wouldn't get if storage was an issue. 

Any help is appreciated, thanks so much!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have enabled "Play around current time" and since nothing is in your comp, it would be logical that it only previewed the default preroll duration. Change this setting and see if it makes a difference. also flush the disk caches just to be on the safe side.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines