• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects projects working very slow

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to resume it as I can.  I started editing in AE like one and a half year ago and never had performance problems with the program. The fact is that the last two days, almost every action I perform in the After Effects window will freeze it completely for a few seconds. This actions can go from moving the time line or simply clicking another area of the screen (going from preview to effects area or smth like that). I think that is not a hardware problem knowing that I have 32GB RAM and high-end GPU and CPU. Also it can not be an overload issue because I tried it with litterally a black screen composition and it still freeze. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual info about your system and critical details like cache settings, multiframe rendering, preview settings, hardware acceleration and so on we can't really tell you much. If it worked before, something must have changed like a system update or changing a setting somewhere.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not change anything in the settings, this all started after a Media Encoder crash when i tried to render a composition. Speaking  about the system info, i can provide it if it is really needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same with me, last few weeks my computer behaves like it's from the 90's, only with AfterEffects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines