• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AFTER EFFECTS "ERROR: CACHED PREVIEW NEEDS 2 OR MORE FRAMES FOR PLAYBACK". PLEASE HELP!!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with after effects where im getting the error message that says "ERROR: CACHED PREVIEW NEEDS 2 OR MORE FRAMES FOR PLAYBACK". Ineed to track something and whatever i do i keep getting this message. Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

I tried all of the advice online, and nothing worked for me. I was using the puppet tool on photoshop assets, as soon as I changed the puppet engine from Advanced to Legacy, my content reappeared in the preview window, and I was able to Ram Preview like normal. If this is happening in your comp, make sure to change the puppet engine on all your layers that are using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exact Ae versions?

exact Os numbers?

try these two basic scenarios?

1. make sure your work area is not accidentally only one frame long

2. purge all memory: edit->purge->all memory and disk cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks man... that was exactly it. So weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Спасибо! Только это помогло

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JoshuaR,

Did you ever get this solved? Which issue was it? Please let us know, so we can make sure that you're OK, and—for the edification of others.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything to fix this same issue! need help have a major deadline....anyone luck on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi coreyscreative,

Sorry for this issue. What kind of footage are you working with?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan ,

This is driving me INSANE. I can't even think about starting this project over from scratch. All of the footage is is comprised of Photoshop/illustrator artwork and a simple Audio clip. This is the actual project I am recreating for class

Be the Ice Sculptor on Vimeo

I have literally tried EVERYTHING, every trick on the internet NO LUCK. Most people I have spoke said that they have never seen this issue last for this long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi coreyscreative,

Something in these files seems to be tripping the system up. What happens if you use standard video files?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan,

I am not sure what you mean by use standard video files? I am not having any issues with my other AE files however something in the file is causing this error and I need to figure this out in order to finish my project with out started from scratch.

Maybe you can look at the file? 12_BTIS_FinalProject.zip - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For persistent causes of this issue, today's bug fix update should solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this issue has been resolved. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of the advice online, and nothing worked for me. I was using the puppet tool on photoshop assets, as soon as I changed the puppet engine from Advanced to Legacy, my content reappeared in the preview window, and I was able to Ram Preview like normal. If this is happening in your comp, make sure to change the puppet engine on all your layers that are using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the late suggestion ;).

I started having the same issue near the end of a project and discovered a comp with puppeting inside.

What I had done is switch on Continously Rasterise, once I switched it off the preview started working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This finally solveded the issue for me too. Thank you for posting this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines