• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects relinking missing illustrator files

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my aep file, I have a few individual illustrator files that I had brought in originally through importing one ai. file by selecting "Composition - Retain Layer Sizes"

Anyone know how I can relink the individual files, example below, without it just linking as one file? (I have about 1,000 missing files). I know that if you rename the individual items from the ai. file in after effects it won't connect to the source. 

Example:

Frame 42 layers (Folder)

- Frame 42 BG.ai

- Frame 42 Icon 1.ai

- Frame 42 Icon 2. ai

What I have:

Frame 42.ai

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

If you imported as a comp and you moved the file so the path is lost all of the layers in the folder AE creates will be missing. If all of the missing layers show color bars all you have to do is select Replace Footage/File and all of the missing layers should be found. 

If one or more of the missing files is white then select one of them with color bars and it should replace all of the other layers. Then you can select the missing files that have the white thumbnail and replace them with the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you imported as a comp and you moved the file so the path is lost all of the layers in the folder AE creates will be missing. If all of the missing layers show color bars all you have to do is select Replace Footage/File and all of the missing layers should be found. 

If one or more of the missing files is white then select one of them with color bars and it should replace all of the other layers. Then you can select the missing files that have the white thumbnail and replace them with the missing layer. 

This should work for AI and PSD files.

If you renamed the AI file or a layer, then you are stuck, but it sounds like you know that.

When you say you have about 1000 files, does that mean you have 1000 layers in your AI file? If there are then you are way above the number of layers you can work with successfully in a single timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! I had a 1,000 missing files from other comps with separate ai. files. But it all worked out. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your guiding. it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines