Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Render

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I do this routine every other day after I finish with Animate Toggle Key Frame, export.

In this composition windows is the video.

When I do export, render in the composition windows is the video.

I always change lossless from AVI  to Quicktime. 

As I am looking at the composition window there is the video colors and subjects.

Then I click Render the video in composition becomes Black. 

After the render the rendered video is with audio and no video.

What's to do?

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

For those who may read this - I got no useful answer. 

Since the days after this posting I did additional reel work. The 8mm converted reels to MOV were all 3 min 20 seconds. With AE I use only one reel per project. Later I combine the rendered reels into one complete video.

Before this issue and after this issue I had no issue with rendering. I could not fix this one video reel with a rendering. What I did was to screen capture the video as it played - saved it as MOV - and that did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here a video of the render to black

https://youtu.be/76ARfEmqqGc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sample video shows you adding the Composition to the Render Queue. You are looking at the Footage Panel. I have no idea what is going on in the Composition. You need to be looking at the Composition Panel. You could have a layer set as a guide layer. There could be no content. 

To render a copy of the footage, you must select the footage in the Project panel, then drag it to the Render Queue.

If you are always editing the Output Module, you should go to the File menu and edit the presets. It will save you time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open all my projects from the last week I am able to render.
This current one I cannot figure out what to do to get the video to render.
In the Project Panel if I drag the file into Composition it plays the original film.
If I click on the video that I did animation work with in the Composition Panel the video only plays as it should in the Preview Panel as a Layer. If I click on Compostion Panel the video becomes black playing only audio. I include a video showing the issue.

https://youtu.be/dPDiMP9_qCk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your video, it looks like the Layer is hidden.

Enable Video in the AV Controls and you should see picture as expected in the Composition panel and in rendered movies as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do enable video in AV controls?

Don't know how to do that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this video clicking on the icon to show  hide layers 

https://youtu.be/Bw3snjRq2kE

I did that and the layer with the animationed effects did not show up as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who may read this - I got no useful answer. 

Since the days after this posting I did additional reel work. The 8mm converted reels to MOV were all 3 min 20 seconds. With AE I use only one reel per project. Later I combine the rendered reels into one complete video.

Before this issue and after this issue I had no issue with rendering. I could not fix this one video reel with a rendering. What I did was to screen capture the video as it played - saved it as MOV - and that did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

When I finish the work time remapping - I move to pre render then I render the film.

Before I export to MP4 I attempt to Warp Stablize VFX and get a warning with a red bar.

Once I finish time remapping how can I run Warp Stablizer VFX without encountering the warning?

Thanks!

VFX WARNINGVFX WARNING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to run Warp Stabilizer after you Time Remap, render the Comp with the Time Remap at Best Settings / High Quality, import the resulting movie file, and then apply Warp Stabilizer to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines