• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects running error (conflict with last session)

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to run After Effects, I get a message saying that there was a conflict with the last session and it won't run. I've tried all four options below, but none of them solve the problem.
Uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects using the dedicated uninstall tool that comes with the Adobe program installation does not resolve the issue. So far, I've tried to resolve the issue by

1. uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects using the dedicated uninstaller tool
2. uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects using a dedicated uninstall tool and reinstalling the 2023 version (I reinstalled After Effects, Media Encoder, and Premier Pro all to the 2023 version).
3. uninstalling and reinstalling all Adobe programs, including After Effects and Premier Pro, and Adobe Creative with a dedicated tool
4. uninstall all Adobe programs, including After Effects and Premiere Pro, and Adobe Creative with a dedicated tool, then find and remove all Adobe-related .json files and reinstall them.

None of the above four methods resolved the issue.
When I downgraded to the 2023 version and installed it, I got a message that a crash occurred while calling AEDynamicLinkSever. My current device is a MacBook Pro M3 and the software version is Sonoma 14.1. I've sent several reports about the issue via Send Report, but I haven't heard back yet. I've been unable to work on this issue for a few days now, and I'm in a hurry as I have a deadline coming up. If you have a solution, please let me know, and if not, please let me know where I can go to get it fixed... Adobe, Apple Support, or a computer repair shop.

I also have a problem with Premier Pro not launching as well.
I think it's the same problem... Please let me know how to fix it. Also, I uninstalled Cinema 4D to fix the After Effects problem, but when I reinstalled After Effects, it included Cinema 4D. but it doesn't install with it... (It doesn't install as an app, and when I click More about After Effects in Adobe Creative, it says Cinema 4D is installed).
Other than this, Media Encoder, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Animator work fine. 

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I see the error from AEDynamicLinkSever, the cause would be related to the permission of the specific files. You seem to use macOS. If you are familiar with terminal app, you type in somthing like this below. You can open every file as a super user account.

sudo open /Applications/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ 2024/Adobe\ After\ Effects\ 2024.app 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2024 Aug 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I enter the code in the terminal and run the program, the same phrase appears. Please let me know what other measures I can try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines