Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

After Effects saving .pref files for Paint, Text, and others.

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've only been using After Effects for a week, and I love it! The only issue i'm having with it is the fact that it is saving these pref.txt files. I don't mind having the main "Adobe After Effects 18.0 Prefs.txt" file, as that would keep the preferences in, Edit > Preferences > General (Windows) or After Effects > Preferences > General (Mac OS) the same from porject to project. That's all well and good!

The problem is that the Text, Paint, and other panels are acting the same way. If I open up After Effects, change parameters in the Paint/Brush panel (brush diameter, roundness, color, opacity, etc.), close out of that project without saving and open a "New Project", the Paint/Brush tool is exactly how I left it in the project I just closed out of. If I go into my /User/Library/Prefrence/Adobe/After Effects folder and delete the specific pref.txt folders the problem panels are reset, but thats a little annoying to have to do everytime I open a new project.

I've checked the settings in After effects multiple times and scrolled through the internet without any prevail. Anybody have any suggestions?!?

*photo of pref.text files*

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 8.27.16 AM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?