Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects stalls and softlocks when rendering a movie file

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reposting this as the previous thread went nowhere 

A few months ago After Effects 2019 started stalling during the rendering process. Previous projects of mine rendered whole 15-20 minute videos just fine, but now it'll only get through about 3 or 4 minutes before it stops progressing. I have not changed any settings, source video settings, or output settings. Previous projects of mine now fail to render in this fashion too. 

I've tried purging the video cache, defragging my hard drive, even tried running source and output videos at half resolution, and nothing works 

Help pls

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thomas,

Sorry about the poor experience. I went through the details you shared in your last post. Are your system specifications, source file properties, and export settings the same as you shared in your previous post? Is there any specific reason you're using the 2019 version of After Effects? Could you confirm if you're also experiencing this issue with the most recent version of After Effects (23.0)?

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was using 2019 as that was the version I had at the time when I began encountering render problems. I tried using it again awhile ago as the 2022 and 2023 versions of AE wouldn't read the video files that 2019 had no problem reading (mkv). Just now I tried another capture format (mp4) and tried to render a 5 minute movie with 2023 AE. That did not stall in the render process, but the video feed just displays a green screen.

What format has the best performance with AE 2023?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines