• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects stopping preview after several frames

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to preview in After Effects and it's stopping after 4 frames.  I've seen this most problem most commonly diagnosed as a RAM issue when I search it online but I have plenty of RAM available and I've tried closing all other applications and am still getting the same result.

So far I've tried:

• Moving the disk cache

• Purging the disk cache

• Changing resolution settings on preview

• Toggling on/off cache before playback

• Deleting and re-installing the application

And nothing has resolved it. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultt1manocl0c5k,

Welcome to the community.

Are you using the 22.5 version? Please share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version). Also, how much RAM you have reserved in the After Effect Preferences > Memory & Performance. You can try decreasing the RAM reserved for the other apps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I am using Version 22.5.0 (Build 53).  My system is a 2020 Mac Mini running on an Apple M1 Chip with 16gb of RAM, currently operating on MacOS Big Sur version 11.2.3.  I have 3 GB of RAM reserved for other applications which should be more than enough RAM.  This error is happening no matter what I'm trying to preview, be it an animation, or literally a simple still frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines