• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects - Text only showing when paused

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,I am  making a lyrics video in After Effects 2021 when trying to playback the animation there is nothing there but when it is paused it shows up, can anyone help?

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Expressions , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Resources , Scripting , SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 17.05.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS? What's your machine's specs? Did you check that your GPU driver is up to date? Did you try restarting the machine? I see you're editing with an mp4 file, did you try turning it into prores first? What are your sequence settings? If you change your comp resolution to half or full do you see anything different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening that project in a new project (import it) and see if anything changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook 2015 - MAC OS Big Sur version 11.2.3 , I dont know what a GPU Driver is ? 

Yes i have restarting the machine. prores - NO  just inported it 

sequence settings - 4k 25fps

comp resolution half or ful - no change 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weird. What happens if you render the sequence out? Is the text in the rendered video? Can I see what's happening in those layers? highlight them and hit "u" twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 17.41.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just rendered it, So weird, the text shows up when rendered but not when editing ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess there could be a chance you're missing a codec, but that's unlikely with h264... I bet making it an edit friendly codec like prores would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I'm not seeing any rogue opacity mistakes. I would render and see what happens, then try importing that project into another, then try making a prores version of the drone shot. After that, my best guess would be uninstlall and reinstall after effects. 

Also, check out this issue from 2018: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/typed-text-not-showing-in-after-effects-without-zooming...

His solve was increasing the color depth in the project settings (file>project settings). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines