• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects _ text tool doesn't work

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having some problems with the text tool. Since I've installed the new and latest version of this program, I can select the text tool, then a window appears in my workspace (that one where you are supposed to see your writes) but I can't write any text in it, what I write just appears in the level name, and then the text window disappears, but not the level. I've already tried to disintall the program, and install an older version of it (maybe there's a confilct between my computer's software and After Effects). Obv, I've already tried to change the text color, you know, maybe I'm dumb and I was writing in white on a white background. But no, it just doesn't work, and it's a pity because I need to make some videos with text animations, and each time I have to upload in my project some text-png files from illustrator, and it's totally not the same. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Eleonora5DC5,

Sorry for your issue!

Are you using After Effects 18.1? FAQ: How to find the exact version of After Effect... - Adobe Support Community

Can you show us a screenshot of your After Effects workspace?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for your answer!

I'm currently using 17.7 version after I have disinstalled version 18.1, but the problem still occours. Actually, I've tried to install/disintall all the versions available on the Creative Cloud.

I attach a screenshot of the program interface. As you can see the text window is empty and what I've tried to write appears as a title of the text level. 

Sorry, the interface is in italian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your project file as well? If you're unable to attach it here, upload it to Creative Cloud Files: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Sure! Even though it happens in every project I make, I've uploaded the file at the link you've sent me, it's just a test so what doesn't work here, doesn't work every single time. 

Thank you in advance,

Eleonora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, here I am again.

I didn't know how the link you had sent me would have worked... so, here's the link with the file: 

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/85ec87cb-6d39-4f8c-6553-8671295a543d

Thank you,

Eleonora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines