• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects Track matte

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I have a clip of video from a drone - orbiting a boat on the water.  The boat itself is over exposed.  What do I use to tone the luminance down on just the boat, not the water.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

It would have been nice if you attached a screenshot but in general I can suggest a Mask. You duplicate the Layer, you make the mask with the Pen tool so that it encloses the ship not so perfectly, you put a Feather on it, you right click on the mask in the layer and set Track Mask and you do the analysis with the Tracker panel to follow up. Then you could apply a Levels effect that is in the Color Correction category of the Effects menu and play with the values to see if you can improve the ove

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would have been nice if you attached a screenshot but in general I can suggest a Mask. You duplicate the Layer, you make the mask with the Pen tool so that it encloses the ship not so perfectly, you put a Feather on it, you right click on the mask in the layer and set Track Mask and you do the analysis with the Tracker panel to follow up. Then you could apply a Levels effect that is in the Color Correction category of the Effects menu and play with the values to see if you can improve the overexposure.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Byron Thanks so much for the explanation, I really appreciate it. One
question , will the Track Mask move with the boat in a left to right motion
and will it increase as I fly more toward the boat? And here is a screen
shot
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it will move, that is the reason for the Mask Track. But it will not be enlarged, you must stop the Analysis in the Tracker panel and continue with a manual rotoscopy.

Managing and animating shape paths and masks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that. I played around with it today and figured I had to go manual
Thnx so much for taking the time to guide me. Much appreciated
RH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines