• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Tracker to stabilize shaky video, static shot. Looks Great, but export is all jumpy??

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used after effects tracker to select a background point. Created a Null to store the tracking data, applied to a new camera and parented to the null object. It looks great. But when I export or play in Premiere as the replaced after effects composition, it is all kinds of jumpy and totally bananas.  Am I missing something here.   I want to export this clip as smooth as it is in AE playback....????  Please Help

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without workflow details, it's pretty difficult to have any idea what is going on. Dynamic-link can be troublesome. Most of the time I render and replace in Premiere Pro. The workflow sounds a little wonky. Parenting a camera to a null that is tied to an After Effects tracker, which is 2D, is not a normal workflow. Did you follow a tutorial? If so, what tutorial.

Any time I have problems with Dynamic-link, or any time that my comp takes longer than a couple of seconds a frame to render I always render the comp using the Render Queue and a visually lossless production codec,  and then replace the shot in the Premiere Pro sequence.  That's probably where I would start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, I am going to try a visaully lossless codec in the AE Render Queue.  The tutorial I followed was this one 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm1kU9EI_tA

If you have a better idea of how to stabilize a static talking head whose tripod was not locked in and has constant slight movement I'd be psyched to try something different. I could not get WARP to stabilize the shot for the life of me....  

Thanks Rick! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are two options. Instead of track motion with AE's native tracker, choose Stabilize Motion. That will do exactly what the tutorial does but it will render faster because the layers are 3D. If you need to re-position add a 2D null, parent the footage to the 2D null, then just move the null around and scale it up to hide the edges of the frame. 

The second option is to use Mocha AE to track a surface in the shot. When the track is complete and accurate, you can apply the inverted transform data to the shot to stop the camera movement. Mocha AE will do a better job of tracking difficult backgrounds.

The tutorial is a perfect example of a tutorial by an enthusiast with a bunch of views that demonstrates a less-than-ideal recipe for a specific effect.  Just because a tutorial has more than a million views doesn't mean that the workflow is gospel.

I've got a new series on motion tracking coming out. I think the one on motion stabilizing in Mocha is almost ready. I'll put it up if it's OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines