Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects user interface flickering

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone.

I've recently built a new pc and have installed After Effects. Unfortunately, whenever I hit play (even if the composition is empty), my entire screen flickers rapidly, including other apps that are open. It is more noticable in darker areas. I uninstalled and reinstalled After Effects, but that didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boring standard answer: Check your graphics driver and settings, check the hardware acceleration settings in AE. Really not much more to say than that, unsatisfying and annoying as it may be.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for your answer, I appreciate the help. I have the latest nvidia studio drivers for the GPU, so I think that should be ok, but where would I find hardware acceleration settings? I've had a look around some of the settings I thought might do something and played around a bit, but haven't had any success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I have an update. This happens in Premiere Pro when I scrub through the timeline and in Photoshop when I zoom in, move around, or scale an image. I think it's a problem with all of the Adobe apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines