• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects using 100% D drive

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After about 15 or so minutes of using after effects, i notice the software is using 100% D drive. Its slowing down project rendering and PC. Any solutions?

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs:
cpu: ryzen 9 3900x
Ram 64G 3200mhz
GPU: 2080ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you set your cache to this drive? Changed the install path? Set your global temp variable to your D: drive? What kind of project? What settings for multiframe rendering, caches and hardware acceleration? Some more specific info is needed.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These sentences are awnsered in the order you asked:

Yes i've set my cache on this drive. Install path is on this drive. Not sure what this is. A project with some small effects for youtube. I don't know where to find multiframe rendering, hardware acceleration uses CUDA. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What "small effects" are we talking about? What resolution do you work at? What is the size of the drive and the available free space? If you're building a 4k project, even seemingly basic stuff can produce huge amounts of cache data, but you should not have too many problems at more moderate standard HD.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small effects as in  reverb in the mic track, text bubbles, shape layers. Resoluton i work at is 1920x1080p. The size of the drive is 4tb. I forgot to mention that this D drive is an HDD. I recently just installed a spare NMVE drive i had lying around and moved all adobe things in there instead. I'll just use this drive as adobe related work only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does removing the reverb improve the situation? This could be the audio running amok, since AE isn't good at this stuff and would produce a temporary audio file, anyway. Not that it should exhaust a large disk, but it could be a major factor. Also have you partitioned the drive into smaller ones and checked the status in the disk manager. Could be that soem areas may not be accessible and it thus registers as full despite plenty of actual space being avialable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing reverb does nothing unfortunately. I've ran into no problems after i moved all my after effect projects, videos and cache into my third drive. I'm guessing its because the hard drive's write speed isn't fast enough to write the data AE's data? Anyways alls good as of now, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines