• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects video preview pane freezing or all black

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running After Effects 22.5 on Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel Core i7 with 15.8GB RAM available.

Since installing 22.5 I've had serious issues with the video preview in After Effects. The preview either stops working after 5-10 minutes (showing whatever the last correctly rendered scene was, wherever I scrub to in the timeline) or goes completely black so that even the composition bounds aren't visible. 50% of the time when I start up an After Effects project, the preview panel is completely black.

I've found a temporary fix (set render engine to Mercury Only, purge hard drive, restart computer) but I'm having to do this every ten minutes to work. I've never had this problem with any previous versions of After Effects.

Any tips greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi lanaw309,

Sorry for your issue.

Does it happen with all the projects? Are there any third-party plug-ins used? Please try disabling Hardware Accelerated Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels in After Effects Preferences > Display.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines