After Effects Warning: Unknown BIB Error. invalid container,, 0

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've recently had this error pop up when I try to preview my After Effects timeline:

'After Effects Warning: Unknown BIB Error. invalid container,, 0'

Screenshot 2022-01-18 152636.png

I have absolutely no idea what is causing it and it also seemed to come about really randomly, as in 1 minute it was working and the next I'm getting this error. I can also note that sometimes was trying to play it, I get a secondary error which has something to do with After Effects verification failing and then it says something about 'no context'.

I've looked around on other forums with no luck as to what to do, the only 'solve' I have found was to remove duplicate fonts but I am pretty sure I do not have any duplicate fonts and I was no installing any new ones when this error began.

If anyone has any idea what is causing this, that would be a great help!

Cheers,

Ethan

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact info we can't tell you much, but this error typically indicates issues with hardware acceleration or "bad" stuff like questionable fonts or CoDecs messing up AE's inenr workings. Update your graphics driver, weed out your fonts, get rid of alterenate media players and the like if you recently have been experimenting with any of this stuff, then reinstall AE.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for writing in.

I'd suggest reviewing the fonts again. If possible, remove all the font (which you installed) from the Fonts folder and test. If you're on macOS, try validating the fonts: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/font-book/fntbk1000/mac

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

22.1.1 is just broken in so many ways

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines