Copied

Hi there,

I have new macbook pro 15" 2019 with Mojave 10.14.6

while i'm trying to open my after effects there is warning:

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 21.53.25.png

when i'm clicking ok:
Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 21.54.11.png

i tried to uninstall and install again all of adobe files,

i tried to use the cleaner, i cleaned the preferences and chache files and tried to change the permission for almost all Adobe folders to read and write.

i'm stuck and it's super frustraiting. please help!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Ok,

So i wanna end the discussion, I found a solution! (Finally!)

I had some corrupted fonts that prevent after effects from working over my mac.

when i cleaned it into system fonts - its worked like magic.

writing it to let everyone know

thnaks,

tomer

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

It turned out to be a corrupt downloaded font for me, too. To get rid of it: Open up Font Book, got to All Fonts, do a select-all to garb all fonts, then go up to File > Validate Selection. Let that run, and then look for any fonts with red alert issues and delete those fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having this problem too but im not on mac im on windows. this is the only website with a queation i found related to this situation idk how im going to deal with this lol-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hol up how will you know which font(s) are corrupted and is preventing you from opening after effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a suspicion about one font because every time I hovered over it when switching fonts in Photoshop, an error would pop up. It was a free font I had downloaded. If you've downloaded any fonts recently, perhaps you can start there? Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in adobe after effects 2022 today.

In the Font Book app on your Mac, choose File > Restore Standard Fonts. It works for me.

Thanks for this thread everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still isn't working for me. Has anyone found any other solution? I run into this issue weekly, I no longer keep fonts on my computer and download and delete after each use. I've uninstalled, reinstalled AE, run the Adobe cleaner, cleared preferences, restored my fonts and font book...I'm so frustrated. This seems to be the only thread with ideas....I'm on a MacBook Pro 16in with Monterey. I don't feel comfortable doing terminal level changes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are multiple solutions to the same problem alone on this thread. scroll through all the answers and try some. For me the following commandline solved the issue:

Open Terminal and type:

sudo atsutil databases -remove

(Enter System Password)

atsutil server -shutdown
atsutil server -ping

(reboot system)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turned out to be a corrupt downloaded font for me, too. To get rid of it: Open up Font Book, got to All Fonts, do a select-all to garb all fonts, then go up to File > Validate Selection. Let that run, and then look for any fonts with red alert issues and delete those fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same issue and I tracked it down to a Video Copilot version of Saber, they've updated the plugin for AE 2022 and I've not had any issues since. It could be multitude of things, but this worked for me. The other plugins from VC I use (Fx Console) notably have not given me any errors. 

Just my 2c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used my font manager to deactivate all my fonts. Once I did that AE worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed Tomermialma's answer. 

Fonts. Definitely Fonts.

Why does Adobe cannot give some explanation to the error, I have no idea. Maybe you could say:
"There are some required fonts missing from your system. Please check. We need the following fonts installed:"

Mod note: Please do not use profanity. We have minors reading here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines