• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects white annoying white box

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime i put something into my Composition my cursor changes to a weird looking "+"

and then when i left click to move the objekt i just create a random white box which i can move around.

It looks like i have a mask on my whole Composition which i cant remove

Sorry for bad english!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

You may have selected Region of interest at the bottom center of the Composition panel... Second icon to the left of the Comp Camera (Active Camera) selector.

If that is not is are you sure that you have the selection tool selected. Press v to make sure and check your tool bar. You could have the parametric shape tool, or the anchor point tool, or ...

Without a screenshot with the modified properties of all layers giving you problems revealed (press the u key twice, PrintScreen and paste to the f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen that happen before but usually when I am running a third party cursor for class. It's then a refresh issue.

So what is the system, version of the application? Year of the machine. (The only reason I ask that is that Sierra is having hardware issues with itself and Adobe but usually shows up on older hardware with newer applications.).

First thing to do is clear that cache and reset your AE preferences. Clearing your cache is in the Adobe AE is under Preferences>Media & Disk Cache. Reset Preferences when you restart:

1. Exit the application

2. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as

you start Adobe Software. You may be prompted to delete the current settings. The

new preferences files are created when you start the application.

Is this a problem in another user on the same system? If it is only a problem on your user then it is the Adobe User Preferences. If it is a problem on both users, then it is more a Local preferences. Let me know, if any of this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have selected Region of interest at the bottom center of the Composition panel... Second icon to the left of the Comp Camera (Active Camera) selector.

If that is not is are you sure that you have the selection tool selected. Press v to make sure and check your tool bar. You could have the parametric shape tool, or the anchor point tool, or ...

Without a screenshot with the modified properties of all layers giving you problems revealed (press the u key twice, PrintScreen and paste to the forum) it's hard to tell what's going on, but I suspect you have just selected a tool you did not intend to select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This was driving me nuts! My problem was indeed the Region of Interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still struggling with this SimonR? Let us know if you still need help or if you solved your issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely under a grain preset, show options under the 'Preview Region' heading and untick the 'show Box' option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lifesaver. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This solved my problem as well. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines