• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects will no longer launch

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects was running fine when it stated that AE needed an update, I got the latest update for AE and it proceeded to not work from then on. It only wants to launch once, and if and when it crashes I have to restart my computer, and even then it's not guaranteed that it will work post restart. I am not sure what the issue here is, at one point it's fine, then all of a sudden doesn't work. Same issue with Media Encoder as well.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would need to know your environment more like OS, AE version, graphic card etc. Generally speaking, I would recommend you update the graphic card driver and reset the preferences of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 on an Intel i7-9700K, Nividia GeForce 2080ti, 16GB RAM, and running AE version 18.0.1. I have also been having issues with running Adobe programs in general. When I run an Adobe program the entire computer gets laggy and glitchy, it's hard to explain. For whatever reason, the fix for this is to have a stream running on the other monitor. I am not sure where to find any crash logs of AE.

Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without system info and at least some basic crash details this is not going anywhere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You answered your own question: You have a serious issue with your graphics card configuration. Time to dig into that NVidia panel and play around with options or install diffeent drivers alltogether.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't make any sense at all, my graphics card drivers are up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also how would you be able to tell that I have serious issues with my graphics card souly based on only knowing the model of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joesph0101,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects.

Please check if After Effects is generating any crash logs: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on-your-comput... 

If you're using any third-party plug-ins, try removing them and see if it brings any change.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a crash log from a few days ago I found. I don't know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines