• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects will not shut down

Participant ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like an obnoxious, opinionated drunk, After Effects simply will not go away after the party ends! I’m having numerous issues on Win 10 with AE 22.4 where it will not close after quitting – sometimes even Force Quit will not work.  Haven’t checked excessive RAM usage or memory leaking – though that was certainly a problem I faced in earlier versions. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any exact system info and the relevant crash logs/ event viewer info we can tell you zilch, essentially. Typically this has nothing to do with AE itself but rather some driver or other external component not unloading or causing a security violation and you having experienced this over several versions would further underline this...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well this particular issue with AE only started after updating to 22.4.  I will try to find some relevant logs next time it occures.  Specs: Ryzen 9 5950X, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 & RTX 3080 Ti, Win 10 version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1706.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines