• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects will only preview around 10 frames on timeline

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to preview (a very simple animation) the preview green bar on the timeline will only load around 10 frames at once. I'm on a fairly new iMac which I have been working on for about a year with no issues so I'm assuming it's a glitch of something that can be fixed? I have around 100GB free of storage and have recently cleared the cache in After Effects. Any help would be welcome. Thanks!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing this same behavior in other projects? If you've been working on this machine for a year, I assume you have some previously-completed work. Try opening one of those and see if you're seeing the same issue.

Can you go to Help > About After Effects and confirm (exactly) which version you're on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there - it's version 22.5.0 (build 53) 17% used of 8GB. I have purged and cleare the cache.

I have tried opening previous projects as you suggested an they have the same issue - some of them are very basic that were easily playing back in realtime before.

It seem to sort itself out for a bit and then go back to being very slow. It's very hard to see what I'm animatiing until I export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear the caché:

Choose Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines