Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects won't open - Mac 17.1.1

Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Ae for the first time, but I can not open it on my Mac.

The icon just bounces several times and then disappears, no splash screen.

I tried to reinstall it and nothing changes.

There is no error panel so I can't provide any info.

System: macOS Catalina

Version10.15.5

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue.

Here're a few suggestions that you can try.

1. Disable firewall and antivirus and launch After Effects.
  2. Reset the preferences of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...
  3. Create a new test user account in your computer and see After Effects is working in it: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Thanks for the reply.

I managed to make it work. I believe the problem is the language setting. When I downgraded to 17.0.6 and opened it for the first time, it showed an error about the incompatible with language setting (the system is English, software in adobe cc is simplified Chinese).

So I changed the setting to the English, 17.0.6 works, but 17.1.1 still crashes. Now I am working on 17.0.6.

I can't reset the preferences on 17.1.1 since it crashes before I see the splash screen.

Best,

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem as you mentioned above, I wonder have you solved it or not? my ae still crashes now, I can work on with the old version too. but the 17.1.4 just bounce for a while and never launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi YU5E13,

Sorry for your issue.

Have you tried resetting the preferences as mentioned above?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as well.  I tried resetting preferences and the other options but no luck.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it still doesn't work for me. At this point it is starting to frustrate me because it's been going on for days and everyone tells me to do something different and nothing works. please fix the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having the same issues, when the program did work i couldnt 3d track ANYTHING, now my program doesn't even open at all. CC has been an absolute waste of money, im beyond frustrated. FIX YOUR SH*T ADOBE, Seriously. For an app that we can only pay monthly for but never own, its disgraceful. Thank god im a weirdo and mainly use Final Cut Pro X, atleast they let you own the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if nobody from adobe responds to me with a solution im ending my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinda wondering - has anyone discovered a viable solution?

I have had this been going on for sometime. I'm working on a macbook pro, 15in, 2016 - updated to the latest iOSas well as updated in all my applications everywhere. Haven't been able to determine what might be the cause of the startup crash - but it simply will not start up. goes spinning for a while - then just freezes before opening the main screen. Yea...really disgusting for such a world-renowned application/service. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is what has worked for me after looking at this post. Earlier my Adobe would face the same issue. My understanding at that time was my RAM was very low for Adobe to even function. I only had 8 GB RAM while my understanding is that it needs at least 16 GB Ram. So i waited until I upgraded my RAM and today I added additional 8 GB RAM and also changed my language settings as proposed to English and tested opening Adobe After Effects this time it finally launched and is working. Hope it helps. I am using iMAC 2020 and using AE 2020 edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines