• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects won't play ram preview

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i click on the play button for the ram preview but it doesn't play and it doesn't render either.
Here a screenshot.
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.31.13 AM.png

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Click on the eyeball. It should be blue too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WORKS. It's some kind of issue with the Audio drivers. if you just switch your audio output mapping and switch it back. fixed the issue for me. I have been having this issue when I walk away from my machine and then come back. super bizarre bug. adobe... help solve this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is HUUUUGE I've been agonizing over this for SO LONG. I don't care what the top of the page says, THIS is the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

champ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, years with this problem, and you gave me the solution in a simple comment, thank you very much, every time this happened to me, I had to restart AE, and when you have a large project, it is screwed, again... you are the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did that but it still doesn't work help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try preferences and changing audio hardware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried that and it still didnt work, i'm not sure if its because i have windows or not but i havent been able to play any of my projects since yesterday morning2021-03-27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here.. WTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sunofa... worked for me! So frustrating, thanks man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh! I've been having this issue for years. I never would have thought of this. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this fixed it! Thank you 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something similar worked for me.  I have an ASIO audio interface (Steinberg UR44), and when I changed the audio hardware default output in AE Preferences from the UR44 to a different device (the built in NVIDIA device), it solved the problem.  I did some more debugging, and noticed that I had another software running that was using ASIO - and I know that ASIO software is mutually exclusive.  So, I closed the other software, and now I am able to use the UR44 output in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh same here.  It wouldn't play back a RAM Preview, and I have a Presonus Quantum 2626 Thunderbolt audio interface, and I just turned it off, and AE is playing back normally now. Wow.  There is a reason I never use Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also, if you turn off the blue speaker icon in AE Preview settings panel, so that it is not trying to preview audio,  it will work with an audio interface turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Over two years later, this solution solved my problem! Unbelievable.

Switching in Audio Hardware the Device Class from ASIO to MME and I now can play my 5K equirectangular 360 comps flawlessly! Even with audio diseabled it was not playing, even though it was saying it was playing realtime.

I guess I started to have this problem when I installed my Soundblaster AE-5plus over a year ago.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i appreciate you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines