• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects won't stop RAM previewing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects will not cease to RAM preview. Can't click out of it, the only way to stop is to right click the icon in the windows search bar and choose "close window" that will prompt a save and let me escape AE. 

I followed the solve outlined in this previous post, but the issue persists. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has made After Effect almost unusable.

Mike

AE 17.0.6

Windows 10 build 1836.815

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 

32 GB RAM

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Solved this. 

After Effects stopped recognizing my RTX 2070 when I upgraded to Nvidia's latest studio driver (442.97, realeased on 4/16/20).

Switched to the "game ready" driver and everything started working correctly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you swapped out your MB and CPU without doing a fresh install of your OS?  As far as I understand (i'm no hardware wiz) this is not ideal and can cause driver conflicts and hardware failure.  You basically got a new computer and just plugged your old hard drive into it.   There are videos of ways around doing a clean OS install but even if you do this perfectly there's still a chance of failure.   If you get a new a computer you should really do a clean OS install.  I may be wrong.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um... I think, perhaps, you responded to the wrong post as I make no mention of swapping any hardware whatsoever?

Nope, no MB or CPU upgrade. No hard drive swapping. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, you assumed I had the same circumstances as the previous post I linked. 

No, I meant I tried the solve outlined in the correct answer of that post - using the cleaner tool, etc.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yah. sorry.  I assumed it was your post.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved this. 

After Effects stopped recognizing my RTX 2070 when I upgraded to Nvidia's latest studio driver (442.97, realeased on 4/16/20).

Switched to the "game ready" driver and everything started working correctly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here! I am happy to here that Windows users found a fix for this - but what about us Mac users? I'm on a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina, and Mac doesn't support Nvidia anymore, so we can't do it with a update. Anyone having a solution to this, until Adobe fix this annoying problem?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi buckster68,

Are you still having this issue? If so, try updating After Effects to the latest and see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do I get After Effects to use the full available RAM?

I have the following configuration:
Ryzen 9 3900X processor
RAM: 128GB
Graphics: MSI RTX 3080Ti

In After Effects, 12GB RAM is set for other applications. Only After Effects launched. The system cache and the cache of the entire Adobe software are on the m.2 SSD disk. (ADATA) 500GB. Cache After Effects is allocated a size of 300GB. The disk is not full. I emptied the memory, I cleaned the cache.
After Effects doesn't want to use RAM. The maximum use is around 20-28GB. Much has been said and written about one CPU thread in After Effects.
I am asking what's wrong with the system, what am I doing wrong that the RAM is not being used?
Other applications such as V-Ray for Cinema 4D, Cinema 4D can use the full hardware resources of your computer!
Why do I have to wait a long time for the rendering of the 2D animation using the Ae + Me duo ?!
During rendering, CPU usage is 6-10%, GPU usage is 5% !!!!
The computer is BORED !!!
We are in the 21st century and Adobe After Effects is designed to run on laptops from 2008 !!!
Why an investment in hardware, memory, multi-threaded processors? Why if all this is not used ?!
Clients are waiting for projects, I have to explain myself stupidly. They won't understand that the software is not ripe for the hardware !!!
Please help!!

Best,

Krzysztof

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines