• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Wont Load Project / Sometimes randomly says its corrupt

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start, I have a 12thgen CPU, a 3080 Ti and 64gb of Ram, so there shoulndt be a performance problem

What happens is this, I will go to load up my AE file, sometimes it will say that the file is corrupt even tho i just worked with it, other times it will load, but it will be extremely slow. To the point where not everthing in the comp will load. The project just wont load up fully and if it does, it cant even render a single frame of the comp

Even when I try and exit after effects, the program crashes. 

I uninstalled and installed again, iv updated every driver on my PC. So im just not sure whats happening. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using third party effects on these projects? Have you tried to deactivate GPU acceleration inside After Effects to check if something related to your graphic card can cause these problems? You can deactivate GPU acceleration under File > Project Settins > Video Rendering and Effects tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nolan,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

Along with what the expert suggested, please try the basic maintenance -

1. Clear Media cache
  2. Reset the preferences of After Effects

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines