After Effects Zoom More than 400%

Engaged ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there are workarounds here, but man oh man how is it still limited only to 400%? What happens when you need to get really fine tuned on an 8k comp? Woof. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, unfortunately not and given how the renderer works I would not expect it to change any time so. In order to allow this it would have to support tiles or other forms of spatial segmentation or else it just blows any computer out of the water no matetr how much memory you have once the buffers exceed a certain size...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So crazy. It means that making masks on something like this is a massive pain:

canvokey_0-1643839404612.png

Only work around I've found is to duplicate the comp, reduce its size, do the masks and then bring it back over to the original comp. Crazy. You can also temporarily scale that comp and its mask layer. 

Doing it with the copy method means in this particular example, I can go up to 800%. This obviously doesn't work if you have a mask layer over the whole comp and need to fine tune stuff. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines