Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects

Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, this programme is a total joke. Why can I not drag and drop a new composition into the "New Composition" box upon programme startup, why do I have to actually go to File > Open a new Project?In addition, why after a while, can I not select any command in the pogramme? Why should I have to restart the programme for this chocolate firegard to actually do what I tell it to. 

Seriously, have these developers not ironed out the most blatantely obvious of bugs? 

I am sick to the back bloody teeth of ripping my hair out over an inanimate object. It's a piece of software, not a disobidient child. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya, @Deleted User 

Were you looking for some tips on how to use After Effeets or just looking to vent frustration? 

It does have a bit of a steep learning curve.

Compositions are part of a Project, hence the need to have a Project open in order to animated.

The "New Composition" and "New Composition from Footage" options only appear where a Composition goes to get things started.

What you described is done by dragging a Composition onto the "Create a New Composition" button at the bottom of the Project tab to do what's called "New Composition from Selection".  It can also be done by right-clicking on a Comp or by selecting a Comp and choosig File > New Composition from Selection or by selecting a Comp and using the keyboard shortcut (option backslash, Mac or alt backslash, Windows).

If over time you are not able to choose options in the application, you may be experiencing a memory leak.  This is mostly likely caused by third-party plug-ins (effects), add-ons, or extensions.  The best way to troubleshoot this is to try disabling those as well as making sure that your hardware exceeds the After Effects system requirements.
There's a lot to learn about it.  Have you had a chance to go through the free Learn tutorials from Adobe?  Learn How to Use After Effects

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but If I'm following several a tutorials to the letter and I am not getting the same result that they're getting, then there's an issue with the software, which needs to be recitifed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information and other details about your settings for hardware acceleration, caches, memory and all that we cannot tell you why the program goes unresponsive.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines