• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Updating After-Effects, Can't Select Camera Tracker Points. Have Tried All The "Usual Fixes".

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the title says. 

I updated After Effects using creative cloud, and since the program has updated, it has become impossible to select camera tracker points. Occasionally this functionality returns, seemingly at random, but most of the time scrolling over the video does not produce a red bullseye.

I have tried all the usual quick fixes for this issue. Active camera has been selected, as has the 3D camera tracker effect. I've got "show layer properties" enabled as well. Simply put, there is no way for me to use the feature at all. 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi default1tlmnbfbzulc,

Sorry for your issue. Please share the following details:

Have you tried any troubleshooting like resetting the preferences and clearing the media cache?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu, 

The version of AE I'm using is 18.2.1. I updated the program in order to regain access to cinema 4D, which I had originally uninstalled.

My OS is Windows 10 Home.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz.
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable).
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.
Yes, it happens on a new project. I've tried multiple new projects, but only one had the red bulseye, and only when the program became unresponsive and later recovered.

I haven't tried resetting preferences or clearing cache, will try that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines