• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI file & VLC media player

Guide ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a tutorial in that there are AI files. I do not have AI app and I use VLC media player as well. AI files in the tutorial shows VLC media player icon in my system. What is the reason for that? Will it create any issues ?

1.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It should not cause any trouble. This is happening because of incorrect file association. File association is what decides which app will open the file when you double-click it. You can change the association but if you don't have Illustrator installed (which is the default app for Ai file), it doesn't matter.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It should not cause any trouble. This is happening because of incorrect file association. File association is what decides which app will open the file when you double-click it. You can change the association but if you don't have Illustrator installed (which is the default app for Ai file), it doesn't matter.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines