• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI Layer size changed when importing into After Effects

Explorer ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a tree with each square of size 20x20, after importing the size is 21x21 and there is a gap in each square

help me, thank !!!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1fo0olrhu1bnkwa/tree.ai/file 

image_2023-05-13_093849448.pngimage_2023-05-13_093909257.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

I checked your AI file. There are several problems. The first is that the Artboard containing the tree is only 60 X 120 pixels. That's just over 3.1% of an HD comp in width and almost useless for video. The second problem is that the two artboards are not properly lined up. You get better results if you delete the larger artboard. I found no problems at all by just deleting the second large artboard and importing the file as a composition retaining layer size.

I suggest that you work with an a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the size of the Artboard in Illustrator. It must be an even number of pixels high and wide. Make sure that Snap To Pixel is turned on in Illustrator. When everything is checked and lined up, import the AI file as a comp retaining layer size, and open the comp. Everything should be aligned properly. If it is not, let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it and it's still the same šŸ˜ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked your AI file. There are several problems. The first is that the Artboard containing the tree is only 60 X 120 pixels. That's just over 3.1% of an HD comp in width and almost useless for video. The second problem is that the two artboards are not properly lined up. You get better results if you delete the larger artboard. I found no problems at all by just deleting the second large artboard and importing the file as a composition retaining layer size.

I suggest that you work with an artboard that is the same frame size as a standard HD video and make everything a lot bigger. 

If your final output is an Animated Gif, then that 60 X 120-pixel gif is going to be very small on any modern display. There are a lot better tools for creating animated GIFs than After Effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, my problem has been fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines