Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aligning something to target layer

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is something that you just can't do in AE or I am missing it.

In illustrator if you want to align an object to another one, you select them both and click again on the object you want to align the other one to.

In AE, I can't seem to do this. If you click selection in the align panel and click centre align for example it finds a point midway between the two. Is there a way to align one layer to the centre of another layer exactly (using the align panel rather than rulers etc.)?

It seems such an obvious thing to need to do I assume I am missing something.

Thanks

Frank

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you mean. As far as I'm aware, we don;t have such a feature in AE. Here, as you select multiple obejects, when you click align to centre, left, or right, it will align to one of these edges of whichever object is most to the left or right or align them all into their common centre.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Marek,

That's a shame there's not such a feature. 

Thanks for your help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's your lucky day! We've just released a tool which allows you to do exactly what you need —http://go.tackstudio.co/align-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines