Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All graphics black in AE

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an issue in After Effects where any graphics I create or import are black even if a colour is selected.

As you can see in the screenshot below I have drawn a shape with the fill color set to yellow, but the shape is black. Same thing happens with text and any graphics that I import from Illustartor. When I'm working with multiple layers evrything is black so it's impossible to see what I'm doing. I'm hoping someone may have an idea what the issue may be.  

Thanks! 🙂

Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 20.52.24.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

I'm not a Mac guy, but in your case it would likely be best to just install AE 2022 where soem of that stuff still works. Sorry, forgot about that so early in the morning.

Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are working in 32bpc mode and your hardware acceleration apparently isn't working correctly. Check the relevant settings, turn off GPU functions in the preferences, try 16bpc and 8bpc mode.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Mylenium. 

I changed the settings as suggested to 16bpc and 8bpc in 'Project Settings' (see screenshot) but it didn't seem to work.

Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 21.49.51.png

Forgot to mention, I get a message (screenshot below) when opening AE.

Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 21.44.29.png

And not sure if it'll help, but below is GPU info

Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 21.48.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your graphics hardware is outdated. Turn off GPU functions. Refer to the system requirements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your reply Mylenium. Sorry I'm not an expert with AE - could you perhaps tell me how I turn of GPU functions? Is it something I need to do in Ae or in the Mac's system preferences? Is there anything you can point me to please? I haven't been able to find instructions online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a Mac guy, but in your case it would likely be best to just install AE 2022 where soem of that stuff still works. Sorry, forgot about that so early in the morning.

Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's ok. You've been really helpful. Thanks! I'll try that a litlle later and see how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Mylenium. The other day I thought I had posted a note to say thanks for your help, but i can't see it so looks like it wasn't posted. So just in case - thanks again for all your help. Really appreciate it. Reinstalling an older version of AE did the trick! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines