• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AMD Radeon and After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm a motion designer who fairly recently built a computer with an AMD 3600 CPU and an Radeon RX 570 which has been great for everything including playing AAA games at high settings, very impressed.

The issue I'm having is when I open After Effects it crashes every time, turning the screen black and then sometimes comes up with a C4D error message saying something like "make sure you have the latest GPU driver installed" I have uninstalled and re-installed the Radeon driver software many times to try and solve the issue but the problem keeps occurring. I originally tried the latest recommended version (the 'stable' option) and now I have tried the latest version out. I have also checked that Windows is up to date.

Can anyone tell me what else I can try or what I might be doing wrong? It seems weird that everything else seems to work perfectly other than After Effects

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downlaod the AMD debug tools and see which functions cause the crash. The long and short answer to the issue most likely is that you need to dumb down the driver settings. These days OpenGL, OpenCL and other stuff to a large part run as driver-based emulations and those super-fancy cards may have odd memory offsets due to being packed with video RAM, meaning certain function calls may simply end up in black holes and cause apps to crash.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mylenium, very helpful information. Will give this a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you resolve your issue? I'm experiencing the same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, no I didn't. I couldn't find any debugging tools for AMD I just tried changing settings within the Radeon software which was unsuccessful. I feel like I've tried everything, both Adobe and AMD tell me to do all the things I've already tried so annoyingly I feel I may have to pay up and switch to Nvidia whenever possible. Let me know if you find anything that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have the same exact problem! I have been running in circles between Adobe, AMD and my computer manufacturer. I even sent the whole computer back to CyberPower PC and they sent it back today and it is still doing the same thing. Adobe or AMD need to fix this. I can't use After Effects at all. Guess I will try Adobe again. AMD seems to be the least helpful of the 3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, had the same problem solved it by myself.

Here's how to fix it:

Go to program files > Adobe > (your Adobe after effects version) > Support files.

Find GPUSniffer.exe and rename it to GPUSniffer123.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines