Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME pulls old cache files from AE to render

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Quite often I'll have to re-render an After Effects job twice in quick succession, either because I spot a mistake myself or sometimes I'll have a customer respond to a proof super-fast with changes. When that happens, I need to shut Adobe Media Encoder down and restart the software - otherwise it will render a cache file of the original AE job instead of rendering the new, revised version. I'm sure it's just one setting somewhere that I can change, but I haven't been able to find it... The issue has been ongoing since May or June 2017 (nearly a year now), I've faithfully updated my software every release, and have even had to switch computers since then, but the problem persists.

It's not the end of the world by any means, but it's a pain in the tuckus (and rather time-consuming) to have to restart AME six times a day. I don't work with Premiere very often, but this problem *seems* to be just between AE and AME, possibly in the dynamic link. (I've posted this question twice in the past year on the AME forum but haven't had any answers yet...)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May we assume you religiously purge AE's memory & cache before you send to AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...if by "religiously" you mean "every Christmas and Easter if I wake up on time," then yeah...

Is this something we're supposed to be doing? Purging the cache and memory before we render anything? That's something I kinda thought was built into the system... It's an extra step that I've never thought of taking quite so often each day, but it does make sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but it definitely NOT built into the system. 

If you don't keep false faith that Adobe software has the answer for all eventualities, you won't be disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to do it every time, but it is a common troubleshooting step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that it has to be done manually and for the solution to be so cryptic says a lot.

Also it completely defeats the purpose of batch workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds a like an IT person experienced with configuring After Effects workstations is needed.

There's nothing cryptic about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experience this exact same problem and it's driving us crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi from 3 years in the future and I am sitting here producing 25 daily variations of the same AE file and seeing that AME doesn't check for changes is laughable.

Adobe get your act together, your products are terrible for everyone's workflow.

Sincerely,
People who'd prefer not spending their weekends in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this sounds frustrating, it's not something I can reproduce.

You've probably noticed that a temporary duplicate project is created when a Composition is added to the Adobe Media Encoder Queue.  If a change made to a Comp is not present the next time it is added to AME, there's probably an issue with the storage media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this, but it is a user side issue.

There's something about your configuration that's causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about cache actually because it would otherwise refer to the latest version that was correctly exported, AME simply ignores the CSV file and reads the original placeholder.

A cache issue would in my understanding not create such results. It is hard to believe that my configuration is at fault, because the occurance of such errors is seemingly random, without changing anything, it can either load the CSV data or not at all, my system works most of the time, and then sometimes it doesn't, this doesn't seem to be a user side issue.

Also this issue was present on both MacOS BigSur and Windows 10.

Beyond any technical reasons or responsibility, that fact that there isn't a clear way to solve this, IF there is even one, speaks volumes of how non-user-friendly CC can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a thread reffering to this, where AME doesn't read the data files because they aren't present in the comp, mine are.

The issue starts to appear when I copy and paste a folder with the AE & CSV files to another location. The updated info in the CSV shows up fine in the new AE file, but AME doesn't read it, and I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Media Encoder (AME) uses the temp After Effects project (AEP) file created at the time the Composition is sent to it.  

There's no setting to have this behave in a different manner.

Are you making a duplicate of the item in the Queue window of AME?  If so, that will always render the Comp saved in the temp AEP that was created at the time it was sent.  As such, any changes made in the AEP file that's currently open in After Effects will not show up in the resulting export.

If you're always adding the Comp from After Effects to AME and you're not getting a file based on the Comp at the time it was added, then try rendering a Best Setting Lossless file from the AE Render Queue to a Watch Folder set to export at the desired AME Format and Preset until you can figure out what's causing this issue on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines