AME Stuck on Connecting to Dynamic Link Server

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having the issue when I try to render using Adobe Media Encoder that it's stuck on 'Connecting to Dynamic Link Server', which is incredibly frustrating and time wasting. When I do a batch of renders some with randomly work and others will fail, if I leave them open long enough. But all take ages where it used to be much faster. Like instant rendering.

 

I'm using the latest version of AFX and everything else is up to date. I've cleared my cache, rebooted, etc. Looked through a bunch of older threads and nothing helped so far.

 

It seems like this is a very common problem, so what is being done to solve it?

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem

Views

85

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have this issue a lot when I was also struggling with OpenGL render.  When I switched everything to software render only, this hanging also went away.  Might have been a coincidence, but my render issues were largely solved.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time I have it I'll have to give it a shot, thanks! Bought a new PC and clean install and am not having the issue anymore, luckily. Pretty frustrating.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's back. Also having same issue. Again. Since an update around May 2022, Media Encoder was working most of the time. Previous updates have also temporaririly fixed the problem, but that's the longest its worked for me for a few years. But now it seems to back to getting stuck at dynamic link server. Cleared caches in both apps, restarted both apps, tried both hardware and software accelerating (the only difference is hardware accelerated, the progress bar spins and spins, and software, you just get a static progress bar that does anything).  2019 Mac Pro , Radeon Pro Vega 64, AE 22.5, ME 22.2, MAc big sur 11.6.4 (but I've had this same problem for several years, over 5 machines)

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines