Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor point centered, but align tool not working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clipboard_image_0.png

Having an issue where after alining the anchor point to center on a line path, there is still a mystery point at the center of the canvas resulting in an issue where the align tool isn't working correctly. It is trying to use the myster point rather than anchor point. You can see the anchor point is centered on both objects, but the align tool is aligning them incorrectly. 

How do I fix this? It hasn't normally been a problem but now I can't seem to get it to work today.

Edit: Detail breakdown

AE bugArtboard 2@3x.png

AE bugArtboard 2 copy 2@3x.png

AE bugArtboard 2 copy 3@3x.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many layers do you have? I suggest you include a screen grab of your Timeline, to allow us to have a clear look at the layer(s) involved.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this issue within a comp with multiple layers, but I started a new composition to double check if this would happen in other compositions. The above image is a new comp with only two shape layers. One with a Square, and another with a simple path drawn by the pen tool. I double checked within the shape layer in question and there isn't any accidental points, just the single path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

同様の質問が、下記スレッドにもあります。
https://community.adobe.com/t5/After-Effects/シェイプレイヤーのアンカーポイントについて/td-p/10605121

根本的な解決方法ではありませんが、スナップを利用するか、または、スナップを利用できない状態で整列を実行する場合は、2個のアンカーポイントとシェイプをコンポジションの中央に配置します。

(手順)
1. トランスフォーム/アンカーポイント の値を トランスフォーム・シェイプ/アンカーポイントにコピー&ペーストします。
2. アンカーポイントツールのアイコンをCtrlを押しながらダブルクリックして、アンカーポイントをコンテンツの中央に配置します。
3. 以上でシェイプとアンカーポイントが中央に配置されるので、整列が利用できます。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select two objects and use the align tool, it's default setting is "Selection", instead of "composition". So you are centering both object to each other, instead of both to the comp center.

Just can change this in the dropdown.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't the issue. The anchor points are centering correctly on the shapes such as a square, circle, or star. However anything that I'm drawing with the pen tool on a shape layer there is the initial anchor point at the center of the composition, then after using a center anchor point script you can see the anchor point moves to the center of the shape, but for some reason it is still using the original center of composition anchor point for aligning the shapes. Regardless of whether I choose align selectio or composition this is occuring. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the issue explained in greater detail:

AE bugArtboard 1@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new forum is too buggy right now - can you please upload the image to another place. I can see anything - it's just to small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey David --

Loved this! It works great. However, I noticed that it seems to adjust a few frames before my source text actually changes. Any advice on making the expression match up with the exact source text keyframe change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I think i solved it! It seems because I slipped the source text layer down my timeline, I had to update the expression to specify / call out the time shift like so:

s=sourceRectAtTime(time-1.75,true);
[0,s.top-45+s.height/2]+value;

Basically unless the text starts right at the head 00:00:00, you will need to adjust.

You can also just drag your layer out to the start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Hold Expression in the Source text to freeze the text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines