• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor Point x Position

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saudações. Uma dúvida que, acredito eu ser meio simples, mas não estou conseguindo resolver.

É normal o anchor point se mover de forma "lincada" com o position? Por exemplo, animação simples, quero mover um boxe do ponto A ao ponto B mas, quero que no ponto A, o anchor point esteja centralizado por exemplo e no ponto B, que o anchor point esteja em um dos cantos mas, quando movo o anchor point no ponto B, ele não move apenas o anchor point mas tb o "position" do objeto!!!!!

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The relationship between the Anchor Point and Position is actually quite complex when you dive into it. 

Position actually gets its value based on the Anchor Point value relative to the Composition's Top-Left Corner. And the Anchor Point's value is based or relative to a layer's Top-Left Corner.

The Anchor Point value is different for Shape and Text Layers where value [0,0] is at its center for Shape Layers and the Bottom-Left, for Text Layers.

For your specific issue, the easiest solution is to create a Null Object/Layer and place it at the desired corner of your box/square. Then parent the box to the Null Object. Then, animate the Null Object to move from Point A to Point B. With this structure, you can rotate or scale the Null and it will look as if the box's Anchor Point is at the location of the Null. And if you animated the Rotation or Scale of the Box, it will do so while centered to its own Anchor Point. 

HTH 

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friend, thanks for replying. In fact I had already done this method of the null object but I am unhappy that the anchor point does not work. Sending an image to show my problem,a. Step1, start. Step 2, the anchor point goes to the lower left corner reaching step 4. Step 5, rotates from the left corner, but in step 6, when I try to move only the anchor point to another corner, to move from that new corner, everything is moving together. I did this just as an example ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can move the Anchor Point manually with the Pan Behind tool (y). When you use that tool, the Position property also changes, so you must set keyframes for Position. You could then parent your layer to a null to animate the movement while animating the rotation on the original layer.

If you are working with Shape Layers, you can use the shape/Potion, the Shape/Transform Shape values, and the Shape layer Anchor point to generate just about any complex move and rotate animation you like.

In 2007 I posted this little article on a long-dead website. The goal was to animate square wheels rolling around a scene. You can even use expressions to control the relationship between movement and the center of rotation. Here's the article (I don't know what happened to the graphic). https://hottek.net/2007/11/square-wheels.html

RickGerard_0-1657782783939.gif

I've also uploaded the project file for you to fiddle with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines