• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor points problems

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always that I creat a shape, texts, everything, The Anchor Point are always in the center of my sequence. Never in center of the shape or something like that, just in the center of my sequence. I never know waht to do to fix this!

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Thanks for sharing the screen recording. The circle and the rectangle (with rounded corners) are two completely different shapes and both the shapes have different numbers of the anchor points so I wouldn't expect anything better than this. If I were to achieve this, I'd animate the path manually.

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christiann Fonseca,

Thanks for reaching out. Sometimes that's annoying for me too.

For the Shape layers, you can go to After Effects Preferences > General and turn on Center Anchor Point in New Shape Layers. For text, masks, or any other layer try using the shortcut Ctrl + Alt + Home to center anchor point in layer content.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Thats works, but I found a other little problem to proceed in some step to use this in a morph shapes. The shortcut doen't fix this. 

I follow all the steps in all tutorials that I found in the internet, but the results is always the same. 

I create two shapes, convert to bezier path, copy the keyframe in the shape and paste in the other shape, but what happen is diferent in the end.

Could you help me with this too?

Thanks,

Christiann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screen recording. The circle and the rectangle (with rounded corners) are two completely different shapes and both the shapes have different numbers of the anchor points so I wouldn't expect anything better than this. If I were to achieve this, I'd animate the path manually.

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please try this go to the top of the interface Edit/Preferences (Windows) or After Effects Preferences (Mac) General and check Center Anchor Point in new shape layer.

You may have to re-start After Effects but from now on the anchor point should default to the center of the shapes that you draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines