• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate a row of text

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made one column of text and in that one column, each row is an alphabet. Row 1 A Row 2 B etc. I want each row to appear from top to bottom. So at 0 you don't see anything. At 2 seconds you see the letter A At 4 seconds B..etc. I would like to also do this with full words. No Making, fade-in, or typewriter effect. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you created the columns as a single block of text, it is more or less just a typewriter effect and the method is no different. It may just take a bit of tweaking of the parameters. I would suggest you start by reading the online help on text presets, text animators and so on. No need to make it more complicated than that. If the text is created any other way like importing a pre-made graphic you have to provide more info and/ or screenshots so people can advise.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you don't want the Typewriter effect, have you tried the typewriter preset?

In it's default state characters snap on.  In the advanced settings, you can change Units from Percentage to Index, which gives you even more control.

tyewriter.jpg

In this hastily set up comp, I have 8 letters in a column, and the start is keyframed from the first letter to the last.  Spread over 16 seconds, each letter appears 2 seconds after the last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help, The typewriter preset should work. If I want to have it appear twice how can I do that? For example, the full column appears at the 10-sec mark, then I move forward 5 seconds and the column still appears..so now it is 15 total. But now I want it to show the same column, but this time slower. 

So I want it to animate like this.
No column...at the 10 Sec Mark the full column appears it stays on screen for 5 more seconds.. then disappears the animation starts again, but now it takes 20 seconds for that same column to appear.  The issue is the animation goes backward between the two animations.

Thank you so much for the help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to use a Hold Keyframe. This will maintain the value until another keyframe comes along.  

On your second keyframe, right-click and choose Toggle Hold Keyframe, it will change from the usual diamond to a square.  Move to 15 seconds and create a new keyframe with a value of zero.  At that point, AE will probably have created another hold keyframe, so right-click on that keyframe and toggle it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines