• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate a vector with something similar to the wrinkle tool in illustrator.

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have not opened after effects in years so thought I would ask here to save myself some time.

I would like to animate a vector's anchor point handlebars similar to the Wrinkle tool in Ai.

See image. Is there a similar tool in AE that I can get on the timeline and keyframe in intensity modulation?

-thank you

-Kevin

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a native AE shape layer, you may be able to use the WigglePath effect to do something like that.

It's one of the effects that is only available for shape layers.

Either create a shape layer in AE or convert an imported vector layer into a shape (right–click Create > Shapes from Vector layer)

On the new shape layer across from the Content group ther will be an Add button. Wiggle path is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is brilliant advice, I never would have guessed there was an Add button.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty cool. A lot of the effects for AE shape layers are based on Illustrator vector effects, like Pucker and Bloat. I think you'll like them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, this is a very useful set of effects, I'm combining the wiggle with the ripple effect and am getting close to what I was aiming for.   I need to just play around with it a bit as there are a lot of attributes. I also need to figure out if I can apply these effects to a specific group of anchor points instead of the entire shape layer. A lot of experimenting to do. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines