• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate dotted line being drawn and un-drawn.

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to animate a dotted line that is being drawn from left to right and then "un-drawn" from left to right. I am using "Trim path" and have animated the "End" property from 0 to 100% which works fine but when I want to "un-draw"/make the "tail" follow from left to right and I animate the "Start" property from 0 to 100% the dotted line "floats"/slides to the left. Why is that? I want it to be stationary.

I have been able to counteract this slide by animate up the "Offset" value to -58% by trial and error but I'm sure this is not the proper way to do it. Any ideas why the line is sliding towards the left?

dotted_line.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a second Trim Path animator.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I tried that but couldn't get it to work but I found a workaround since the "End"-property works as I want to but not the Start-property; after I have animated out the dotted line, I suddenly rotate the line 180 degrees. Then I can animate the End down from 100 to 0% again and since the line now is rotated the dots now animated from left to right, as I want.. 

But I am still confused to why the dots "drift" in the first place.
Here's a video showing the drifting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines