Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Animating PNG on a path not working - looks weird

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download my small After Effects project file here: https://easyupload.io/bbgvjx

What I did was to go into the Shape layer ('C'), copy the Path value, then paste it into the 'Position' property of the PNG.

When I play the preview, the PNG moves in the correct direction but the range of its movement is super tiny.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide screenshots. People don't always have time to download files and open them. That aside it simply sounds like you scaled your shape layer instead of creating the path at the correct size. The copy & paste method uses the coordinates relative to the layer and those don't change when you scale a layer. Make sure to create your paths at their actual intended size or scale them by actually transforming the path and anchor points, not the whole shape layer or shape group.

Mylenium 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Melenium Says, it's a scale issue, your "C" shape should be at 100% size to be able to copy the path and past it without any trouble, check this quick tutorial to see how to fix that, https://youtu.be/nxlZFSon7iw 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines